Influenza though is a common disease that people have been suffering from for years, it is also a very serious illness for anyone at high risk. There are various groups of people who are more likely to suffer extremely with this illness. It is unfair to say that there are no rishk factors related to the flu. Flu must be treated as soon as possible. Irrespective of age, flu is something that needs medical consultation to treat and along with some proven home remedies. If you are suffering from flu visit the top flu specialists at Coastal Family Medicine and get treated.
Here are a few risk factors of Influenza:
– Chronic lung diseases such as asthma, COPD, bronchiectasis, or cystic fibrosis
– heart disease
– Chronic kidney disease
– Diabetes or other chronic metabolic disorder
– Morbid obesity
– Severe anemia (including sickle cell anemia)
– Diseases (HIV, AIDS) or treatments (steroids, chemotherapy) that suppress immunity
– Liver disorders
– Children and adolescents who are receiving long-term aspirin therapy
Though one must get regular checkups in order to avoid any such infection or illness, if you do not do so, consulting a doctor every 6 month can help you prevent this. People are most likely to suffer from flu during the change of season and weather, so getting checked by a doctor at that time could also help.