For many lawyers, the proposed cost structure remains strictly pertains to the preparation and filing of the necessary documents. They will also charge a fee for court filing fees and costs require them to pay to get some kind of documentation is required in the preparation of your case. Visit https://divorcego.ca/uncontested-divorce-in-ontario/ to get information about the cost of divorce in Ontario.
The more work they need to do in your case, the more money you will need to pay to get your divorce. There are many different tasks that they will charge clients on both the cost flat or hourly basis. Each divorce lawyer charges will vary according to the following:
- Preparation and filing for divorce
- Valuation of all marital assets and businesses
- Assignment of property ownership
- Preparation of ancillaries such as child support, alimony / spousal support, division of property and custody of children
Image Source: Google
- Representation in court
- Negotiations with the former couple's divorce lawyer
- Re-assignment deed for real estate
- Preparation of a divorce settlement
- Each time the office staff spend on sending mail, filing and making phone calls associated with your case
The important thing to remember is that you will certainly find that the divorce lawyer using a combination of fixed costs and billing hours are personalized for each client. No two divorces to be exactly the same, so the costs will vary.